Tuesday, March 30, 2010

YOU can't FOLLOW ME... YET...

"Where I am going, you cannot follow yet..."

Wow, so like is Jesus clairvoyant or what, you know? I mean, here he is telling the future, right? Pretty impressive. Not really. He's not telling the future and he's not reading people's minds. He just knows the truth that's all, and we all know this. Anyone of us could have figured this out on our own if we are really honest. That's the problem. There's no brutal honesty. And why not?

You know why, but I'll tell you anyway. Because we're scared. We are freaked out of our minds. About what? About not being loved. About not being enough. About being abandoned, right? Now don't tell me, I know, you're already perfect, so I'm not talking to you, am I? Of course not. For sure I'm talking about myself, and perhaps I'm also talking about someone else you know really well...

Here's the deal that we all have to deal with: meet Jesus and drink in his infinite love OR live in fear forever. That's it. Because if you remember the 6 human needs we talked about the other day, you know we all need love and significance. We need'em, and we'll even lie to ourselves to get them, won't we? Of course! It's all about survival. We can't live without love and significance, so let me let us all in on a little clue: significance and love come when we stop, look, and realize: He did that for me! And you know what that is, don't you? It's the cross. It's the Eucharist. It's Jesus total self-gift even to death. That's pretty cool. That's what the Paschal mystery is all about.

When that gets inside us, then it changes us, transforms us. Then, and only then, can we follow in his footsteps of infinite love. Then we can be tremendous lovers like him. First we eat and drink, then we become: You are what you eat, right? Yep, and if you eat and drink Jesus, like him you become Divine Love Incarnate. Pretty sweet, don't you think? Exactly, I couldn't agree more. All right, that's my rant for the day... Get excited, because he's coming... for real...

God bless,
Live from your heart,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment